May 2, 2020 at 3:55 pm #72058Wiktor KarolewskiParticipant
Hey, great plugin, looks great but I have quite a few “requests” so it can work exactly as I need it to. So I’ll just list them below, and you could let me know if it is possible, and how, these are all quite essential for me – happy to amend code with guidance if needed.
1. In the Frontend, can I customise which items show on the side panel and which items the employee can access – i.e. I want them to access only leave request, their documents, and change profile but NOT to see other employees;
2. Can I disable which info the employee can change for themselves – i.e. only address, I don’t even want them to see salary info etc;
3. In the dashboard on the Frontend, can I disable the “Birthday buddies” and other modules for all employees;
4. Document manager – seems as though this isn’t private, as it redirects an employee to a permalink at which the document is stored, if they are clever and edit that path with some other path for another doc, they could potentially access other documents stored on WordPress – potentially ending in a breach of data if accessed by unauthorised people; Perhaps there is a plugin you are aware of or a way to privatise these and even just allow them to download but not see the files in their browser?
5. Can we disable employees to be able to upload or delete files but only view / download ones assigned to them?
6. Any way to change the name of “Department” to something else, like “Team”?
I’m aware these are a lot of questions, but I hope there is a solution because this plugin could really help me solve my issues 🙂
May 3, 2020 at 12:35 pm #72075Mehedi HasanModerator
For case 4.
WPERP usages default WordPress media library. So, this totally depends on WordPress itself. This works the same for your current uploaded media in WordPress.
WPERP just stores the data on WordPress media library and fetches when requires.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.