11 Best Open Source ERP Solution for Small & Medium Enterprises
In recent days startup companies prefer Open Source ERP Solution to operate their businesses successfully. These platforms become popular rapidly due to their cheaper price and easy customization.
On the other hand, larger companies consider big-game players like SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics to manage their business activities accordingly. But gradually the scene is evolving. Big enterprises also turn to Open Source ERP system for minimizing excessive costing for licensing, implementation and maintenance perspective.
In this article, we have released a comprehensive list of 11 best Open Source ERP Solution for small to medium businesses.
Why Should You Use Open source ERP in this Era?
A lot of businesses turn to Open Source ERP due to its high flexibility, low maintenance cost, and user-friendly interface. Specially startup-mid business owners have witnessed a remarkable hype in their profits after introducing an Open source ERP in their system.
An optimized ERP system unifies all the parts including employees, processes, and technology across the organization to achieve a common goal together.
Open Source Enterprise Resource Planning solution broadens this concept by providing a comprehensive economic solution to all. The source code is open for all. So this type of infrastructure allows the companies to access the ERP system’s code and modify them according to their needs. Moreover, it requires no license or software maintenance costs.
open source ERP Benefits at a Glance
- easier to customize and minimize your business cost in the long run
- simple to understand and smoothly blend with the business activities
- contains the full content; no dependency on the vendor
- easy to train up the employees and contribute to its enhancement
- comparatively simpler to upgrade the system than other commercial ERPs
Well, let’s walk you through the most popular and feature-rich Open source ERP solutions to pick the right one for you:
Top 11 Open source ERP You can Consider (Experts Recommendation)
There are plenty of flexible, feature-rich, and cost-effective open source ERP systems available in the market. Here we have listed the top 11 Open source ERP solution based on users’ reviews and our personal experience.
- WP ERP
- Apache OFBiz
WP ERP is the first full-fledged ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system. It enables you to operate the business right from your WordPress dashboard. So that you can simultaneously manage your WordPress site and business from one place smoothly. WP ERP optimizes your small to medium businesses with powerful HR Manager, CRM & Accounting tools.
WP ERP is trusted by 10,000+ businesses in over 160 Countries with support for 20+ languages.
- 44+ Currency Support
- full control over all business activities
- complete ERP system having 3 core modules: HR, CRM, and Accounting
- manage all company information from WordPress dashboard
- generate productive reports and get a quick overview of the company
- powerful extensions are available in premium plans
Most amazingly, the Core plugin and HR, CRM and Accounting modules are absolutely free to use. Also, you can customize them depending on your business and needs. Moreover, you can unlock more premium extensions and the Project Management module with the growing demand of your business.
Nevertheless, they offer 24/7 customer support along with helpful documents and video tutorials.
Dolibarr ERP is an Open Source software package for small, medium or large companies, freelancers or foundations to manage businesses. It started its journey in 2002. Dolibarr is written in PHP and uses PostgreSQL, MariaDB, and MySQL databases.
However, the UI of this system may not attract you that much in this modern era. But you find its functionalities useful for your business. Dolibarr supports modules to manage CRM, sales, logistics, stock, projects, invoicing, accounting, human resources, manufacturing, and others.
- simple and user-friendly interface
- released under GPL3
- flexibility to enable those features only that you need
- cross-platform (Windows, Mac, and Linux) & web-based application
- comes with a highly customizable or modular code
Moreover, it has an app-store. You can buy software from there to extend its facilities. You can also check its source code on GitHub.
The becomes popular among its users due to its clean and easy-to-adapt interface. It allows you to maintain your inventory across multiple warehouses. You can easily handle your manufacturing setup, customer relationship, and other activities through this smart ERP solution.
- easy setup system in wizard-style
- intuitive interface- fast, flexible and scalable
- manage multiple user roles at a time
- collect information about your business using forms
- available in 70 different languages
Furthermore, you can customize the system according to your business needs.
ERP5 is written in Python and released under the GPL 3 license. This powerful opensource system was first introduced in 2002. From then it has been used in all parts of the world including retail shops or government banks. It supports a large number of modules that cover almost all the sections of an organization. Such as banking, accounting, CRM, HRM, projects, inventory, eCommerce, product data management, knowledge management, and others.
- provides SynchML tool for data synchronization
- supports multiple business templates, ingestion system & web publication system
- a mobile compatible open source ERP solution
- used by multinationals, small or large, private or public sector businesses
In addition, it provides some other features like POS, trade, forums, consulting, barcode, email marketing, invoicing, manufacturing management and so forth.
Metafresh is an Open Source Software package based on Java. It has the capability to adapt to the changing demand of the marketplace. Recently it offers advanced services for quality assurance, warranties, training, and planning. They are committed to keeping their code simple and fresh.
As a metas GmbH, it operates on Linux, Windows, OS X, Android, and iOS platforms. It is a GPLv2/GPLv3 license-based product. You can find the source code under the GPLv2 license at GitHub and the cloud version is licensed under GPLv3.
- completely free for self-hosted customers
- easy to customize according to the changing customer needs
- profitable for small and midsize business organizations
- transparent and gives a great opportunity for innovations
They have been releasing weekly updates since late 2015. Metasfresh is the ADempiere holding and has ranked among the top 9 open source ERP platforms by opensource.com.
BlueSeer is a powerful software that comes with a comprehensive toolkit. It can cover almost all the features for small and medium-sized businesses. You can use this open-source ERP software to operate manufacturing, warehousing and transporting industries.
- runs on platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux
- supports the English language to perform
- the multi-user version of BlueSeer is also available on SourceForge
- gives inventory control, distribution, sales, warehouse management, and EDI functionality
BlueSeer is the first universally free ERP software with the main objective to give freeware alternative to the companies.
MixERP is a complete package of all the advanced features that you need to run your business successfully. This multi-platform solution is developed in C#.net language. Having all the capabilities to cope up with your business needs and demands of the new era.
- free ASP.net open source ERP software
- supports useful modules to manage business activities
- a cloud-based solution lets the users free from other infrastructure costs
- all devices compatible such as Windows, Mac, Linux based systems, and iPhone/iPad, Android, and web-based mobile platforms
- available in the English language
MixERp aims to provide business management functions including wholesaling, human resources, inventory, procurement, and more.
Apache OFBiz comes in a basic structure so that the organizations can customize it according to their needs. The capacity of adaptation makes it suitable for all sized enterprises who have the ability to integrate the system into their businesses. OFBiz is an advanced open source ERP system to perform with the different parts of an organization.
It gets Apache License 2.0, and the stable version 16.11.05 release date is October 2, 2018.
- based on Java XML Freemarker Groovy
- supports both the web-app based operating system and cloud-based deployment type
- performs seamlessly on multiple platforms
- provides a common data model with a set of business process
- supports a powerful framework with a significant service-based approach
- suitable for SMEs, Agencies, Enterprises & others
It has a number of modules including accounting, manufacturing, HR, inventory management, CRM, e-commerce, and more. These features are absolutely compatible with any business and it’s growing needs.
EasyERP is an open-source platform with many useful modules to run your business. It contains CRM, HRM, Purchases, Inventory, Expenses, Reporting, Account Management and more. This ERP solution provides all the essential functions required for CRM.
- specially designed for small and medium-sized businesses
- view all the important data on dashboards
- easy to use platform that helps operate your business
- track and monitor all the incoming leads and how they’re converting into opportunities
EasyERP is user-friendly and customizable software to meet your all needs regarding business activities. It comes with an intuitive interface that is fast, flexible and scalable.
Odoo is an open-source ERP and CRM tool. It contains a strong technical infrastructure that can works smoothly with all the apps. Firstly launched back in 2005. The source code is written in Python. Though the system is licensed under the GPL 3 license it also offers a proprietary SaaS (software as a service) for those who want to directly pay for using the service effortlessly.
Odoo offers a ton of user-friendly apps like CRP, accounting, invoices, website builder, eCommerce, email marketing, project management, inventory and so forth.
- provide an easy and intuitive user interface
- reminiscent of Google Drive
- offers an intuitive and modern UI design to work on
- supports 3rd-party apps; developed by the Odoo community members
- compatible with the new GDPR law
It supports helpful modules including project management, billing, accounting, inventory management, manufacturing, and purchasing. These modules can communicate with each other to process all the data effortlessly.
Tryton is a unique ERP solution that comes with some specialized features to cover all the needs of your business. It is suitable for all types and sized companies. Renowned for its easy usability and user-friendly interface. They started their journey with the aim of giving the best “modularity, scalability, and security”.
- supports a 3-tier model: Tryton Database, Tryton Server, Tryton Client
- written in Python and uses GTK library for its desktop users
- provides a free demo, docker images, prebuilt binaries
- works smoothly on Windows, Linux, and macOS
- available as a Python package that can be installed using pip
In addition, you can install 3rd-party modules for the system using pip as well.
Tryton provides different modules to manage CRM, finance, accounting, sales, warehouse, inventory, etc. You will get usable features for supply chains, manufacturing, and shipping. These helpful features make it suitable for factories and shops.
Pick the Right Open Source ERP Solution for Your Business
Now you have a number of amazing Open Source ERP Solutions in your hand. Firstly focus on your business needs, clients’ preferences, budget, and other factors then consider the available solutions. It leads you to pick the perfect system that worths your time and money both.
In recent age, people emphasize more in system usability and ease of use. With this continuity, WordPress ERP becomes popular worldwide. As it is easy to manage and operate from the WordPress dashboard. So, employees can easily adapt to the system. Most importantly it cuts a little amount to integrate the system into your business.
Therefore, you can centralize your business data with the all-in-one WordPress tool- WP ERP.
Are you using any other ERP solution for your business? How’s your experience with the exciting system? or planning to switch into another platform? Whatever it is, don’t forget to share your experience with us in the comment section below.