WordPress Payroll feature comes with lots of functions & helpful attributes that help HR managers to perform a paperless salary management process. And WP ERP Payroll extension lets you create an employee list and manage their remuneration in a more structured & organized way.
Well, this documentation will show you how easily you can configure the Payroll extension of WP ERP and automate everything right from the single dashboard.
Let’s get started:-
Activate WP ERP Payroll Extension
WP ERP Payroll extension is a premium feature of WP ERP. So you need to purchase the pro version to use this extension.
To activate WP ERP Payroll extension, you need to navigate WP ERP>Modules>Activate Payroll.
WP ERP Payroll Setup Wizard
Next up, you will get the Setup Wizard for the WP ERP Payroll.
- Select the Account head for Assets, Account head for salary reporting, and Account head for tax reporting. After that, hit the Continue button.
- Now, select your convenient payment method. Then, hit the Continue button to proceed:
- Now, you can directly create the “Pay Calendar” or go to the Payroll Dashboard.
That’s all about the Setup Wizard of WP ERP Payroll extension.
WordPress ERP Payroll Feature Settings
WP ERP Payroll allows you to easily manage your employee salaries and automate the system in an effective way.
After installing and activating the plugin, navigate to –
WP Admin Dashboard → WP ERP → Settings → HR → Payroll
- Here you can select your preferred payment method to send salary to your employee’s salary account. You can do this in three ways; cash, cheque or bank.
- In the Pay Item Settings, you can set some pre-generated pay items to create new payment types and pay items such as travel allowance, overtime, late fee, etc. You can also edit or delete these pay items any time you want.
Payroll Overview and Dashboard
The payroll dashboard comes with a lucrative view to get all the information at a glance. Just navigate to WP ERP> HR> Payroll> Dashboard.
This overview page gives you a bird’ eye view of your payroll system. It clearly illustrates usable and important insights about the system including:-
- A checklist to notify users to complete other setups
- Total Pay Calendar Created
- Pay Calendar Approved
- Spent on Previous Month
- Latest 5 pay run records
- Payroll history
Adding Remuneration or Salary Amounts to Employee Profile
Before you create a payment calendar or approve a pay run, you need to set basic salary and other relevant details for your employees. If you have already specified all of the details in your HRM module of WP ERP, then you can review them.
To add payroll basic information, navigate to –
WP Dashboard → WP ERP → HR → Employees
Now, select an employee and view their profile. Now, click on the Payroll tab, which has been created after you have installed and activated the Payroll extension.
Enter the necessary information on the Payroll basic and Tax info section and click on the Submit button.
If you want to add a fixed allowance for your employee, then select the pay item and pay item payment amount in the Fixed allowance payments and hit the Save button. You can do the same for fixed deduction payments and tax. You can also set a specific payment method for each of your employees.
All the provided fixed allowance, fixed deduction, and tax information will be added in the detail information at a glance section of your employee’s payroll tab.
Creating and Managing Pay Calendars
- Navigate to WP Admin Dashboard → WP ERP → HR → Payroll → Pay Calendar → Add new pay calendar
- Click on the Add New Pay Calendar Button to create a new pay calendar.
Well, you can create four types of pay calendars. Monthly, weekly, hourly, and bi-weekly.
- So once you have entered the pay calendar section, you could see an option of pay calendar. Enter the calendar name and calendar type. You can also specify the payday.
- After determining the pay calendar type and other related things, click on the Add Employee button, a pop-up will appear in which all the departments and designation from the HRM module will be available.
- From here, select the department or designation you want to add to this list and click on the Add employee to list button.
You will see the list of your employees you have selected including their department and designation.
- Finally, click on the Create Pay Calendar button to complete the process and you will be redirected to the pay calendar list page.
Approving & Managing Pay Runs
- After creating a pay calendar, now it’s time to activate the pay run. To do so, click on the Start Payrun button of a pay calendar.
Let’s say we’re going to start running the Hourly Pay calendar.
Note: There is only one employee in the Hourly Pay calendar section. So all the data will be applicable for one employee.
- You will be redirected to the Pay Run page. Select the form and payment date and other entities. After that, click on the Generate Employee List.
- You will find the employee list with relevant information and pay the basic amount. Now, click on the Next button.
- In the second step, you have to specify the variable input options. You can add allowance and deduction amounts if required and click the Next button.
Note: Here you don’t have to put the variable input again because you can do it from the employee profile. So you can skip this section if you want.
- In the third step, review the payslips of your employees. You can also print the payslips if you want.
- In the final step, you have to approve the Pay Run if everything seems ok. Click on the Approve button and it will approve the Pay Run.
- After approving the status of the Pay Run, you will find it on the Pay Run List.
Bulk Pay Item
If you want you can easily add a bulk payment to all your employees. Like, the food allowance or travel allowance. It is very hard and time-consuming to add a payment one by one while approving the pay run.
That is this feature will help the Admin/HR to quickly add the payments that needed to be done in the bulk and quickly finish the pay run successfully.
To add Bulk pay, go to WP ERP-> Payroll-> Bulk Pay Item Edit.
- Now, you can select all the employees or filter them by department or designation. Also, choose the pay item from the list.
Now, after adding the payment number, select update to finish.
- Now, when you activate the Pay Run, you will see that the amount is already added to the employee list.
- And, you can view them in the Variable Input section as well.
Dynamic Bulk Pay Based on Attendance (new feature)
- With this option, you can pay for bulk items to your employees. To do that navigate to WP ERP → HR → Payroll → Bulk Pay Item Edit.
- First of all, select the preferable Pay Item from the dropdown list. And click on the Search button. All the details will appear.
- As we’re looking to set Attendance based bulk pay, so change the Fixed payment to Attendance Based Payment. And then set the date range & pay amount so that you can create payment according to your expected date.
- After you set the date range, payment amount, and other relevant entities, hit the Set button. And all the Bulk Pay amounts will be calculated automatically.
Important Updates of WordPress Payroll Plugin
Now you can exclude the employee that recently removed from your WP ERP HRM. Yes, previously, Payroll counted all the employees including terminated or removed employees.
Suppose, you have 8 employees who are currently working in your company.
After some days, you have terminated two employees. Therefore, employees who are not in active status will not have on the Pay Calendar.
- So if you create any Pay Calendar or Bulk Pay Item, employees will not be counted as they are inactive. Here is the newly created Pay Calendar (bulk pay item) without the inactive employees.
Generating Reports for Decision Making
You can also generate useful and meaningful reports with this extension. Navigate to –
WP Dashboard → WP ERP → HR → Payroll → Reports
Click on the view report button of the available reports and specify dates. Finally, click on the search button to generate reports.
Payslip For Employees
Now, employees can view their payslips as well as the admin. So that they can know the complete breakdown of their salary details.
Admin Can View Payslips
Obviously, the admin can view the payslips from the employee profile. Click on any employee name. Then click on the Payslip on top of the menubar. There you will find the details of the recent month’s PayCalender.
If you want to find any information about the previous month’s PayCalender, simply choose a month and the year. It will automatically show that year and month’s information.
You can easily get a preview and print the Playslip of that particular month or year. Just click on the ‘Eye’ button to get a sneak peek of the Payslip.
Employee Can View Their Payslip
As we said earlier, employees can view the Payslips. Just click on the Payslip on top of the menubar of their profile. There you will find all the details about the Payslip of that Paycalender.
Payslip in The Employee Overview Dashboard
The employees can view the Payslips on their Overview dashboard. They can view the most 5 recent Payslips.
When a Payslip is passed for an employee, he/she will get an email. All you need to do is enable Employee Playslip email.
Navigate to WP ERP -> Settings-> Email.
There enable Employee Payslip mail.
You can configure the email as you want. Click on the Configure button to edit the email.
Copy ‘Pay Runs’
The HR manager has to go through a hassle every time at the end of the month when it comes to salary with Pay Runs. But not anymore. With the Copy Approval option, he/she can easily copy the whole Pay Runs with just a single click of the button.
To copy the Pay Runs just click on the Copy Approval button and the whole process will be copied.
Note: What happens when a new employee is hired or an employee leaves the company? Obviously, the Pay Run will change. Copy Approval takes care of that problem also. If there is a change in the number of employees, then.
Click on the Edit button of that Pay Calendar.
Now, add an employee who has recently joined and update the Pay Calendar.
Now, when you hit the Copy Approval button, you will see the updated number of employees in the Pay Calendar.
That will reduce the hassle of the HR manager quite a bit.
Bank Report To CSV & Details To CSV
This feature will help the HR manager to create a detailed report that can be easily delivered to the bank. So, the bank can easily find out how much money to put in which account.
To generate this report, just navigate to Payroll-> Report. There click on the Pay Run Summary reports.
Now, select the date range of the pay run and click on the Search button. After the results are generated click on the Bank To CSV button. A CSV file will be downloaded and you will be able to view all the necessary details.
The details to CSV will generate the full Pay Run report. Click on the Details To CSV button.
Similarly, you will be able to view the whole report of the pay calendar.
That’s it for WordPress Payroll features of WP ERP Payroll extension.