This documentation will help you translate the WP ERP core plugin. Now, let's go ahead and see how to translate the plugin.
Translate WP ERP Offline
Here are the steps to translate the plugin using the free Poedit Software. It is available to download and use for free on any operating system. We have tested this software in Windows 10, OSX El Capitan and Ubuntu 15.10
- Download WP ERP plugin.
- Install Poedit or any other WordPress plugin translating tool you feel comfortable with.
- Unzip the plugin file. The translation file is located inside “/wp-erp/i18n/languages/”. Open the wp-erp.pot file in the editor.
- Create a translation on your desired language and start translating.
- While saving the file, please keep in mind that it has to follow a specific naming format. Like- for Bengali, I have named the files as erp-bn_BD.po and erp-bn_BD.mo
So if you are trying to translate the plugin to French, then the file name should be
erp-fr_fr.poTo know about your language code you can refer to https://translate.wordpress.org/
- You can place the translated files inside the
- If you have changed your site language from WordPress settings and placed the language file in the appropriate location. Then you are done. Now just refresh any of the page and the translations will start working.
WordPress.org allows all the plugins on their repository to be translated online. You can translate ours from here
After you complete the translation, you can wait a couple of days to allow your localization team to approve them. Or you can contact them to approve right away. We, the plugin authors are not allowed to approve the translations. So you can find the contact information of a translation administrator for your language from here https://make.wordpress.org/polyglots/teams/
If you have already translated the plugin to your language, feel free to send them to [email protected] We will include that with our next release.