Installing WP ERP on any WordPress site is not a hard task. Like other plugins on the WordPress ecosystem, WP ERP also comes with an easy and simple setup configuration.
So let’s see how you can install WP ERP on your WordPress site and set it up easily.
How To Install WP ERP From WordPress.org
You may already know that any plugin that is hosted on WordPress.org is available for download and installation right from your WordPress admin panel. You do not need to download the plugin manually and upload the .zip file. Follow the steps below:-
- Go to WP Dashboard → Plugins → Add new. Now search for ‘WP ERP’ on the search bar to the right. Click on Install
- Finally, hit the Activate button.
How will I know WP ERP is ready?
If you are installing WP ERP for the first time, then you will see an Easy Setup Wizard right after you activated WP ERP.
You can also check the sidebar of your WP Admin panel, you will see several new menus titled ERP Settings, HRM and CRM.
How To Install WP ERP From Github.com (For Developers)
If you are a developer or want to have the latest version right from the development repository, you can download and use the plugin from github.com
Our organization repository is https://github.com/wp-erp/
So you will find all the free plugins and add-ons for our ERP solution right there.
You will need to have the following tools to be able to use the plugin from Github-
- Git – to pull and push changes
- Composer – to manage dependency
- Node Package Manager – to edit less files for plugin design
- Grunt – to generate language files
When you are done installing the tools, now it is time to pull the plugin and install.
- Open your favorite ssh program or git tool and clone the repo `https://github.com/wp-erp/wp-erp.git` to `wp-content/plugins/`
So the complete command will look like this git clone https://github.com/wp-erp/wp-erp.git
- Now go to the plugin folder root WP-ERP and run
composer install && cd wp-erp
- If you need to modify any design template, then you may run
- Now run
composer dumpautoload -o
- Open your `wp-config.php` and paste the following line
- Now you are all done and can go to WP Dashboard → Plugins → Install and activate the plugin.
- If you get an error message with an invisible message, then you need to hit the activate button again.
- If you see some new menu items right after activating the plugin, congrats! You’ve done it successfully.