Sales transactions include any sales income arising from a particular customer. For other incomes without a customer name, you can use the Journal Entry option. For a better understanding, let's take a real-life example – “Office equipment was sold.” What would be the journal entries for this transaction?
Cash account → Debtor.
Office equipment account → Creditor.
See the difference? There is no customer name. In such cases, use the Journal Entry option to key the transaction into the system.
In this section, you will learn all the nitty-gritty of sales transaction referring to a customer name. Here are the things that you are going to learn:
- How to use Purchase Invoices form to sale on credit to a customer.
- How to use Payment Receipts to receive or sale in cash from a customer.
- How to reverse or neutralize a debited customer.
- How to receive payments in installments from a certain customer.
- How to approve or void a customer income.
- How to delete Invoices or Payment Receipts.